What is ESD/Conductive Flooring?
Walking across a floor can build up static, and where there is static, there is electro-static discharge. This can cause mayhem in certain industries. ESD floors, also known as Electro-static or dissipative conductive floors, provide superior static control, inhibiting static electricity on a person or from reaching sensitive equipment.
Benefits of ESD/Conductive Flooring
ESD floors perform more effectively and thoroughly than other types of ESD flooring, such as mats or tile. Installing an anti-static flooring has many benefits.
Benefit highlights include:
- Protecting sensitive electrical components from damaging static electricity, often in computer and electronics manufacturing
- • Protecting personnel from injury or loss of life due to shock or explosion. ESD floors are often used to protect those working in cleanrooms
- Better performance than tile which can delaminate under heavy-duty conditions
- Saving money on replacing or repairing electronic equipment that has failed or been damaged due to static electricity
- Contributing to an effective static-controlled environment
For many industries, it is crucial to control static electricity.
Recommended industries include:
Our line of ESD floors maintain the same outstanding properties as our other floors – chemical and abrasion resistant and easy to clean, while remaining conductive. Our team of Territory Managers will assist you in choosing the best ESD product for your environment with the look you desire.
Recommended products include: